I am a lawyer and an executive who has acquired extensive legal expertise across the Americas and solid management skills in the corporate and philanthropic sectors.
I am passionate and dedicated to the cause of women’s financial autonomy. I like to unwind by doing outdoor sports and aerobics.
I stand out for my kindness and for my collaborative approach focused on results.
- MBA for executives and managers (EMBA), McGill University and HEC Montréal | 2017
- Lean Six Sigma Certification, Green Belt Level, McGill University and HEC Montréal | 2016
- Management Coaching, Organization psychology, SPB Consulting Firm | 2014
- Finance and Legal Solution-Orientation Workshops, International Institute of Management Development (IMD), Lausanne | 2013
- École du Barreau du Québec, Ottawa Centre | 1994
- Graduate Studies in Legislative Drafting, University of Ottawa | 1994
- Bachelor in Civil Law with great distinction, LL. L, University of Ottawa | 1993
Julie Normand is a law graduate from the University of Ottawa and a member of the Québec Bar since 1995. She practised for seven years as a litigation lawyer within a national law firm, and then for 13 years as Legal Director at a multinational.
Next, Julie worked in the philanthropic sector for 3 years, including as executive director of a non-profit organization. After having completed the Executive MBA McGill-HEC Montréal in 2017, she reoriented her career in administration. Since then she has been putting her legal and management experience to good use.
Why I joined the Collective
It was the collective’s philosophy that first attracted me. I feel drawn to its values of collegiality and excellence, and to the entrepreneurial spirit that drives both the employees and the lawyers who serve the clients.
My purpose at Delegatus
I strive to optimize our operations in order to promote business growth. I aspire to ensure that each employee becomes an indispensable, reliable and valued business partner both to the lawyers and to the clients. That is how I wish to contribute to Delegatus’s success and development.
Boutique manager, stylist and speaker, Dress for Success/ L’étoffe du succès Montréal
- Member of the Québec Bar
- Member of the Executive MBA McGill-HEC Montréal Toastmasters Club
- Member of the Canadian Corporate Counsel Association – Québec Section, Canadian Bar Association
Awards and distinctions
- R. Michel Beaupré Award, Interpretation of legislation | 1994
- Driedger Pigeon Scholarship for graduate studies in legislative drafting | 1993
- Dean’s List | 1991 to 1993
- Cercle Justinien Award, Extracurricular involvement | 1993
- Claude Boulanger Award, Commercial Law | 1992
- Lee Andrew Kelley Award, Administrative Law | 1992
- Carswell Award, Criminal Law | 1991
- Excellence Grants, McGill University | 1990 and 1992
- Governor General of Canada Award | 1990
Conferences and publications
Guest speaker for the Women’s Work Integration Program, Montréal Women’s Y | From 2015 to present date.