Hooked on commercial law, I am a young lawyer devoted to my clients!
I value the importance of communication and interpersonal connections to build a solid business relationship.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- Introduction to Chinese Law, Chinese University of Political Science and Law | 2011
- LL.B., Law, Université de Montréal | 2012
- J.D., Law, Université de Montréal | 2014
- DESS., Law and Politics of Health, Université de Sherbrooke | To be obtained in 2019
Catherine Lamarche has been practising general commercial law for the past 5 years. Her practice is focused principally on franchising and commercial rentals. Catherine took part in the redaction and negotiation of various commercial transactions including commercial offers and leases, franchising agreements, information documents pertaining to the expansion of franchises, distribution agreements or standard agreements for cooperative members. She has also offered in-house support for the daily operations of a national company.
For many years Catherine has also practised in commercial litigation and mortgage recovery before Quebec’s different judicial entities.
Before joining Delegatus, and since her arrival, Catherine has been an in-house legal counsel for Imvescor Restaurant Group Inc., while actively participating in the internal restructuring of the business’s legal department.
Experience in private practice
Before joining Delegatus, Catherine founded and started her own boutique firm in Montreal, specializing in civil and commercial litigation to offer specialized services to her business clients.
- Review of the member agreements and internal policies of a cooperative of opticians and optometrists.
- Active participation in the internal restructuring of the legal department in a national company.
- Volunteer, Leucan – Association for children with cancer
- Active member, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts’ Young Philanthropists’ Circle | 2017 to present day.
- Board of Directors, Alumni Association, Collège Jean-Eudes
- Participant, Parcours Relève, Maison des Leaders.
Barreau du Québec
Conferences and publications
En Vue magazine (articles authored or co-authored) :
- January/February 2018 - L'organisation juridique d'une clinique d'optométrie
- March/April 2018 - L'importance du choix de la société et de la convention d'actionnaire
- May/June 2018 - Louer ou acheter, quelle est la meilleure option?
- July/August 2018 - L'importance d'un bon contrat de travail
- September/October 2018 - Quelques outils pour une gestion efficace de vos employés
- November/December 2018 - Le code de conduite, un outil efficace pour une meilleure gestion