I feel privileged to be a part of this unparalleled team, where the quality of the work and our client’s satisfaction are what’s most important. An entrepreneur at heart, I practice commercial law and commercial real estate law.
I dedicate a significant portion of my time to social involvement. I like things to be done … properly and I am not too bad with manual work. I am a music lover and a keen reader who also enjoys golf, surf, climbing up and down whether on foot, on a board or on a bicycle. I am known for my pragmatic approach and cheerfulness.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- Introduction to Chinese law, Master’s level, Chinese University of Political Science and Law | 2006
- LL.B., Law, Université de Montréal | 2006
- B. Sc. Biology, Université de Montréal | 2002
Marc-André Godin has been practicing general commercial law for 12 years, focusing particularly on commercial leasing, procurement and general commercial law. He took part in the drafting and negotiation of various commercial transactions:
- Real estate development
- Purchase and sale of commercial real estate properties
- Commercial offers and lease agreements
- Use agreements for air time (licence agreement)
- Building roof rentals and licences
- Distribution agreements
- Request for proposals
- Other commercial contracts.
He has also offered precious in-house support toward the daily operations of many companies.
Throughout his career, Marc-André has taken part in many important transactions, including due diligence involving environmental, commercial and real-estate aspects. He also advises his clients for their business needs and internal strategies.
Since his arrival at Delegatus, Marc-André has served as an in-house legal advisor for Imvescor Restaurant Group Inc., Lowe’s, then RONA, and Mouvement Desjardins. He has also worked as a legal advisor for a federal crown corporation, as well as a national commercial broker firm, supporting their commercial and real estate needs.
Experience in private practice
Marc-André began his career at Riel Avocats/Lawyers, a boutique firm specialized in commercial real estate law, before joining Dentons, which was then known as FMC Avocats, in 2010. He then joined Delegatus in 2012.
- Expert on the analysis of bidders’ proposals for an important real estate project for a federal crown company.
- Representation of the buyer Gamerizon in the acquisition of companies which develop video games.
- Representation of the lender for the financing of a biogas and biomass cogeneration factory.
- Representation of the seller in the potential sale of a hydroelectric site at the Quebec-Ontario border.
- Representation of the promoter/renter for various phases of the largest shopping centre on Montreal’s South Shore.
- Representation of the buyer in the sale of Maison Ogilvy in Montreal’s downtown area.
- Executive on the board of directors, Caisse Desjardins Cœur-de-l’Île
- Director of donations and sponsorships, Let’s Bond, a group of young professionals organizing events to benefit the Fondation des maladies mentales and the Douglas Foundation.
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Quebec (UDI).