Passionate about business law and a globetrotter on my own time, I am driven by the need to help others.
Endowed with a keen ability to listen, a great authenticity and the ability to understand the most complex issues, I guide my clients while respecting their needs.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- LL.M., with honours Business law, Université de Montréal | 2010
- LL.B., with honours, Law, Université de Montréal | 1998
Marie-Christine Lemerise has nearly twenty years of business law experience. She serves a diversified clientele of corporations of all sizes evolving in a range of industries, at both the national and international levels.
Her skills include the negotiation, drafting and coordination of various transactions, both domestic and multi-jurisdictional, such as mergers and acquisitions, partnerships (joint ventures), financing, corporate reorganizations and start-up businesses, including the drafting and negotiation of shareholders’ agreements.
Upon her arrival at Delegatus, Marie-Christine acted as in-house legal counsel for Hydro-Québec.
Prior to joining Delegatus, Marie-Christine acted as corporate counsel to Optimum Talent Inc. for two years. She was also actively involved in the merger of her client with an important recruiting firm located in the provinces of Western Canada.
Experience in private practice
Marie-Christine was a partner at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg, where she started her legal practice. She also had her own practice for over eight years before joining Delegatus.
- Took part in the merger of Optimum Talent Inc. and Conroy Ross Partners Ltd.
- Took part in the acquisition of Cartons St-Laurent Inc. by Smurfit-Stone Container Canada Inc.
- Took part in the CryoCath Technologies Inc.’s first public offering.
- Took part in the creation of a technology investment fund by CDP Capital Communications and H&Q Asia Pacific.
- Implemented many “start-ups” like Hoogan et Beaufort, Mouvement HappyFitness, Talents123 Centre éducatif, and Pangea Terres Agricoles.
- Took part in the equity financing, A preferred shares, of Africa 118 Inc.
- Business mandate with Hydro-Québec: commercial projects and strategic alliances, transactional practice (mergers and acquisitions).
- Lecturer, Business law, Faculty of Law, Université de Montréal | From 2013 to present day.
- President, from 2015 to 2017, and board member from 2013 to 2017, Dispensaire diététique de Montréal
Awards and distinctions
Governor General of Canada’s Academic Medal, Université de Montréal | 1998
Conferences and publications
La banque d’investissement : sans conflit, sans intérêt? – Éditions Thémis, 2011