- Admitted to the Law Society of Upper Canada | 2000
- Bachelor of Common Law equivalency, University of Toronto, Faculty of Law | 2000
- Admitted to the Quebec Bar | 1991
- Bachelor of Laws, Université de Montréal, Law Faculty | 1990
- 60 credits towards a Bachelor of Commerce, McGill University, Faculty of Management | 1987
Nathalie Bélanger is an experienced lawyer with an expertise in commercial, banking, corporate, and procurement law, litigation management and risk management. She is a member in good standing of the Quebec and Ontario Bars.
Nathalie was responsible for the commercial contracts of 500 grocery stores at Sobeys (IGA). At the Laurentian Bank, in addition to her banking law practice, she revised and negotiated numerous contracts including major IT services outsourcing contracts, while also managing the class actions directed against the industry and the risks of litigation.
Nathalie also worked as a defence lawyer in life and disability insurance litigation for Desjardins Financial Security’s legal department in Toronto. She began her career in commercial litigation with Lavery and Heenan Blaikie.
Nathalie is a strategic partner who understands the needs and realities of business. She is recognized for her ability to assess and manage risk and deliver practical, tailored solutions.
As a senior legal advisor, Nathalie had a diverse practice and was responsible for a variety of mandates.
Private practice experience
From 1991 to 1997, Nathalie practised at Lavery and then Heenan Blaikie as a commercial litigation lawyer.