Confidentiality, privacy and cybersecurity
All across the world, efforts are deployed to strengthen cybersecurity and to decrease risks of cyber attacks and invasion of privacy. This implies two direct consequences for your business:
- The need to protect it against attacks or in case of attacks.
- The evolution of complex legal provisions that govern the protection of personal and confidential information (notably Bill 64 / Law 25 in Quebec).
These days, we no longer say: “If we are the victim of a cyberattack…”, but rather “When we are the victim of a cyberattack…”. Cyber criminality has already reached such proportions that protecting personal information is more important than ever. It is a huge responsibility for you.
Our experienced lawyers will speak with you and come up with the best strategies to implement, according to your reality:
to the challenges presented by the complex federal and provincial laws to protect personal information and data in Québec and Canada, including the anti-spam law.
in accordance with your main objectives to prevent violations to rights regarding data privacy and to react to those that may occur.
or respond to a privacy incident involving personal information.
and intervention in case of cyber incident.
Our team can help you with:
- Privacy program that meets the new requirements of Bill 64 / Law 25 in Quebec.
- Advice on the collection and management of personal information.
- Online advertising, including programmatic and behavioral advertising.
- Drafting of privacy policies and internal policies to manage personal information.
- Review, drafting and negotiation of clauses and contracts relating to personal information, including confidentiality agreements and Data Processing Agreements.
- Conducting regulatory compliance audits.