Area of practice
Confidentiality, privacy and cybersecurity
Protection of data: a crucial issue
All across the world, efforts are deployed to strengthen cybersecurity and to decrease risks of cyber attacks and invasion of privacy. This implies two direct consequences for your business:
- The need to protect it against attacks or in case of attacks.
- The evolution of complex legal provisions that govern the protection of personal and confidential information.
Our response to these challenges
These days, we no longer say: “If we are the victim of a cyberattack…”, but rather “When we are the victim of a cyberattack…”. Cyber criminality has already reached such proportions that protecting personal information is more important than ever. It is a huge responsibility for you.
Our experienced lawyers will speak with you and come up with the best strategies to implement, according to your reality:
to the challenges presented by the complex federal and provincial laws to protect personal information and data in Canada, including the anti-spam law.
Global cybersecurity strategy
in accordance with your main objectives to prevent violations to rights regarding data privacy and to react to those that may occur.
Effective prevention measures
or in response to a breach of personal information.
Cyber risk management support
and intervention in case of cyber incident.
Our team can help you with:
- Advice on the collection and management of personal information.
- Online advertising, including programmatic and behavioral advertising.
- Drafting of privacy policies and internal policies to manage personal information.
- Review, drafting and negotiation of clauses and contracts relating to personal information, including confidentiality agreements and Data Processing Agreements.
- Conducting regulatory compliance audits.
Our expert lawyers are hardened attorneys who work with experts in technology, privacy, crisis and dispute management to advise you on all of the aspects related to privacy and cybersecurity.
Contact our experienced lawyers