- Canadian Securities Course, Canadian Securities Institute | 2001
- Baccalaureate of Law, J.D. with honours, Law, University of Ottawa | 2000
- LL. L., Civil Law, University of Ottawa | 1998
- B. Sc., Microbiology and immunology, Université de Montréal | 1995
Anastasios Kouros is a business lawyer who has over 17 years of experience in commercial transactions at the national and international levels. Anastasios manages or participates in different cases:
- Drafting and negotiation of various commercial agreements, including supply and IT agreements
- Legal and business analysis, including the evaluation of business risks
- Development and implementation of policies, including policies in virtue of the Canadian Anti-Spam Bill
- Drafting of research and development and intellectual property agreements
- Effective management of internal and external stakeholders within large scale transactions.
In particular, he handles the negotiation, redaction and revision of distribution contracts, service conventions and logistic agreements including third-party logistics. He advises our clients in the fields of advertising, advertising contests and privacy.
He has negotiated and drafted contracts for construction projects throughout the globe, including facilities for distribution, manufacturing, and research and development in Brazil, China, Canada and the United States.
Since his arrival at Delegatus, Anastasios has been the legal counsel for L’Oréal Canada, Pratt & Whitney and Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton to support their general commercial needs.
Prior to that, he was a legal counsel within Avon Canada from 2003 to 2007, and a senior legal advisor at Avon Products Inc. from 2007 to 2014 in New York. In this capacity, he managed or actively participated in commercial transactions in Canada and the United States, involving various aspects such as manufacturing, purchasing and supply, logistic, construction law, real-estate law, outsourcing, labour law, data protection, IT service agreements, software licensing contracts and SaaS (Software as a service) agreements.
Experience in private practice
Anastasios began his career in private practice at Gayrard Goudreau| 2001 to 2003
Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society | 2017 to present day
Member of the American Bar Association | 2010 to present day
Awards and distinctions
- Presidential Breakthrough Award, North America, Branch Implementation, Zanesville|2009
- Legacy Award, North America, Facility Expansion, Montreal |2008
- Navigator Award, Canada Expansion Team, Excellence in Execution Award|2007
- Avon Legacy Award, Outstanding Year Award, Canada |2006
- Nova Award, Excellence Amidst Organization Transformation, Canada | 2006
- Glass Feather Award, Facility Expansion Project, Canada | 2006