I have accumulated over 10 years of experience in business law. I set myself apart by my excellent customer service and my appropriate follow-up at each stage of a file.
In my free time, I like fishing, diving, cycling, golf, skiing and snowboarding. I am an authentic and passionate person whose zest for life and sense of humour are unparalleled!
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
LL. B., Law, Université Laval | 2005
Ms. Gabrielle Bélanger is a lawyer who practises business law. Since the very beginning of her practice, she has taken part in numerous commercial transactions in various industries as well as different cross-border and local transactions for corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and financing.
She acted for lenders and borrowers from both Canada and the United States within:
- Canadian and cross-border syndicated loans.
- Acquisition financing.
- Interim financing [DIP].
- Asset-based lending.
- Public issuance of debt securities, private placement and securitization.
She took part in the daily management of commercial and corporate affairs for large organizations. She supported their teams and actively participated in various transactions.
At Delegatus, Gabrielle took on a mandate as legal advisor for Resolute Forest Products for over 6 years. In that capacity, she supported their teams in Canada and the United States for different matters:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of supply contracts for goods, services and transportation.
- Sales and purchases of assets.
Before she joined Delegatus she acted as legal counsel for the Business Development Bank of Canada, supporting the Quebec operations.
She also took on secondment mandates for CIBC and AbitibiBowater Inc. while at Stikeman Elliott.
Experience in private practice
Before joining Delegatus, Gabrielle practised business law at Stikeman Elliott from 2007 to 2011, and at McCarthy Tétrault in 2011.
- Participated in the sale of Ediwise, a division of Resolute Forest Products, to Constellation HomeBuilder Systems.
- Participated in the sale of the Saint-Hilarion mill of Resolute Forest Products to Groupe Lebel Inc.
- Participated in the sale of the former Laurentide mill of Resolute Forest Products to the Société de développement de Shawinigan Inc.
- Legal advisor to BIXI MONTRÉAL within the implementation of the electric bicycle pilot project.
- Participated in the establishment of the sponsorship agreement between BIXI MONTRÉAL and Manuvie regarding Manuvie’s “presenting” sponsor status.
- Took part in various interim financing [DIP] for AbitibiBowater Inc., now Resolute Forest Products.
- Took part in various public financings of Air Canada.
- Founder and co-president, Jewish General Hospital Foundation’s Young Philanthropists Executive Committee
- Participant, Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer | For many years