The strength of human relations is central to my practice. I distinguish myself by my ability to quickly identify legal issues and to suggest tailored solutions.
I have a creative mind and love to be on the go. I enjoy creating moments to share a good meal and making cocktails. I love playing tennis, skiing and snowboarding... I often dream about the next time I will go diving with my husband.
A proud mother of two young daughters, I am an authentic and passionate person whose sense of community, zest for life and sense of humour are unparalleled!
Areas of practice
LL. B., Law, Université Laval | 2005
Ms. Gabrielle Bélanger is a lawyer who practices business law. She has developed a recent interest in businesses operating in the field of new technologies, clean energy, Fintech, gaming and cybersecurity.
Since the very beginning of her practice, she has taken part in numerous commercial transactions in various industries as well as different cross-border and local transactions for corporate reorganizations, mergers and acquisitions and financing.
She acted for lenders and borrowers from both Canada and the United States within:
- Canadian and cross-border syndicated loans.
- Acquisition financing.
- Interim financing [DIP].
- Asset-based lending.
- Public issuance of debt securities, private placement and securitization.
She took part in the daily management of commercial and corporate affairs for large organizations. She supported their teams and actively participated in various transactions.
At Delegatus, Gabrielle took on a mandate as legal advisor for Resolute Forest Products for over 6 years. In that capacity, she supported their teams in Canada and the United States for different matters:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiation of supply contracts for goods, services and transportation.
- Sales and purchases of assets.
Before she joined Delegatus she acted as legal counsel for the Business Development Bank of Canada, supporting the Quebec operations.
She also took on secondment mandates for CIBC and AbitibiBowater Inc. while at Stikeman Elliott.
Before joining Delegatus, Gabrielle practiced business law at Stikeman Elliott from 2007 to 2011, and at McCarthy Tétrault in 2011.
- Strategic advice to (i) cybersecurity service providers, (ii) clean energy companies and (iii) fintech companies
- Legal advisor to BIXI MONTRÉAL within the implementation of the electric bicycle pilot project
- Participation in the establishment of several sponsorship agreements between BIXI MONTRÉAL and its sponsors
- Participated in the sale of Ediwise, a division of Resolute Forest Products, to Constellation HomeBuilder Systems
- Participated in the sale of the Saint-Hilarion mill of Resolute Forest Products to Groupe Lebel Inc.
- Participated in the sale of the former Laurentide mill of Resolute Forest Products to the Société de développement de Shawinigan Inc.
- Took part in various interim financing [DIP] for AbitibiBowater Inc., now Resolute Forest Products.
- Took part in various public financings of Air Canada
- Founder and co-president, Jewish General Hospital Foundation’s Young Philanthropists Executive Committee
- Participant, Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer | For many years
Contact Gabrielle Bélanger directly
Don’t hesitate to ask me any question.
They help me get to know you better and provide you with services that are tailored to your needs.
But first, I have a few questions for you.