Drive, passion, constant evolution and practical thinking are just some of the attributes I bring to each new challenge I take on.
I am fully dedicated to anything I set my mind to and am always pushing myself to reach new limits when it comes to my personal and professional life.
Areas of practice
LL.B., Law, Université de Montréal | 1999
Ms. Perez has acquired a vast experience in private practice in the field of banking and financing. She has participated in all aspects of numerous sizeable transactions, from the due diligence phase until closing. She has developed extensive experience in corporate financing, real estate or asset-based financing and syndicated loans.
Illana has also worked in real estate law, particularly in the context of new development projects, by taking part in the financing aspect of many major real estate projects throughout Quebec.
Upon her joining Delegatus, Illana worked as an in-house legal advisor for businesses in the pharmaceutical and aeronautical industries, where she developed expertise in drafting and negotiating supply agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and distribution agreement, as well as supporting the marketing groups of these different industries to negotiate and draft all sorts of sponsorship and endorsement agreements.
At Delegatus, Illana has worked as in-house legal advisor to Bombardier Aéronautique and Pharmascience Inc. She also acted as such for the Procurement group at National Bank of Canada.
Before joining Delegatus, she was the senior legal advisor to the directors and shareholders of a family business.
Before joining Delegatus, Illana practiced in the McMillan financing group for over 10 years.
- Advisor to some of the major financial players including GE Capital, GMAC and JP Morgan Chase Bank on transactions of up to 100 million dollars.
- Took part in the implementation of complex financial structures regarding acquisitions and reorganizations, including the acquisition of Naya Water and the refinancing of Air Canada in 2009.
- Financial advisor for various acquisitions and development projects for the McMillan real estate group, including the Pepsi Forum and Les Factoreries Saint-Sauveur, for Monit International, the Canderel and Groupe Sheiner corporate groups.
- Negotiation of numerous licensing contracts with Marvel, Warner Bros., Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. for the manufacturing, marketing, advertising and distribution of fabrics and crafts across North American and occasionally elsewhere in the world.
- Corporate secretary for Stationnement de Montréal and the Fondation de Gaspé Beaubien.
- Negotiation of numerous contracts regarding the marketing of a new series of aircraft.
Involved with the MADA community centre which helps the less fortunate.
Contact Illana Perez directly
Don’t hesitate to ask me any question.
They help me get to know you better and provide you with services that are tailored to your needs.
But first, I have a few questions for you.