- Seminar on pleading techniques, Barreau du Québec | 2007
- LL.B., Laval University | 2002
As a lawyer with more than 18 years of experience, Jérome manages numerous complex litigation cases and investigations, in civil, criminal and penal matters, before various authorities in Quebec, Canada and internationally. As legal counsel, he oversees internal ethics and compliance investigations and acts as an interface between his clients and any of their stakeholders, whether they are internal or external auditors, or authorities in the context of investigations.
Thriving in the resolution of complex matters, Jérome has had the privilege of collaborating on many large-scale projects. He stands out for his communication, writing and presentation skills, as well as his quick thinking and ability to adapt to manage complex cases and issues towards a legal, ethical and pragmatic resolution.
Prior to joining Delegatus, Jérome was working at SNC-Lavalin, where he practiced for over 12 years. In his last role as Director of Legal Affairs, he was responsible for civil and criminal litigation matters, and also acted as senior counsel to the Integrity Department (Ethics & Compliance) and internal integrity investigations.
Between 2009 and 2014, he worked as a project lawyer in SNC-Lavalin's construction division, working mainly on international projects. He has been involved as legal counsel in all stages of major infrastructure projects, from the preparation of bids and risk analysis to project closing and claims. His role has led him to participate in the drafting and negotiation of contracts in Quebec and in various countries on four continents
Experience in private practice
Jérome worked at Fraser Milner Casgrain in Montreal (2006-2009) and at Desjardins Ducharme in Quebec City (2003-2006) in civil and commercial litigation with a concentration in construction law, professional liability, manufacturer’s liability and franchising.
Originally from Quebec City, he began his career with Flynn Rivard, where he worked as a student and intern since 2001, before being hired by the litigation department transferred to Desjardins Ducharme Stein Monast in 2003.
Professional affiliations and community involvment
- Administrator, École Saint-Joseph | Since 2018
- Director, Fondation de l'Institut universitaire en santé mentale de Montréal | Since 2016
- President and member of the board of directors of the CPE Harmonie | 2015-2018
- Director and Treasurer, Jeune Barreau de Québec | 2004-2006
Conferences and publications
- “Reducing the Risk of Employee Misconduct Within a Company: The Winning Formula”, Canadian Bar Association, Governance, Regulatory Compliance and Ethics Section, Montreal | 2018
- “Delicate Situations – Practical Solutions for Legal Advisors Under Pressure”, Association of Corporate Counsel, Montreal | 2016
- “Examining Strategies for Dispute Resolution to Reduce Project Conflict and Ensure Timely Outcomes”, Conference co-presenter by The Canadian Institute, EPCM for Mining, Energy and Infrastructure Projects, Toronto | 2013
- “Legal Aspects of Public Tendering Processes”, Visiting Professor, presentation for the École nationale d'administration publique (ENAP) | 2009
- “Projects that derail due to changes, delays and additional costs”, seminar organized by Lorman Education Services | 2009
- “The Risk of the Conditions of Realization: How to Prevent the Unpredictable or Guard Against the Unforeseen”, Second Advanced Conference of the Canadian Institute for Construction Litigation Management, Montreal | 2007
- “Quebec Professional Orders Now Subject to the Access to Information Regime”, La Presse Affaires | August 2006