Enthusiastic and creative, I like to think outside the box to find innovative solutions for my clients. I am known for my strategic vision and my entrepreneurial spirit. My entourage particularly appreciates my ability to listen and my benevolence, making me a great team player.
In my leisure time, I practice several sports, including surfing and yoga, but the greatest pleasures in my life remain traveling and good food.
Areas of practice
- LL.B., Bachelor of Laws, University of Montreal | 2016
- Student exchange session in Australia in the completion of the Bachelor of Laws, University of Adelaide | 2015
- Certificate of Introduction to Chinese International Law, China University of Political Science and Law | 2014
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science and Middle East Studies, McGill University | 2012
Malia Mediouni is a lawyer and executive with a diverse background in civil and commercial litigation, as well as in general commercial law. Most recently, Malia started practicing in the fields of trademarks and intellectual property. In addition to her legal experience in both private practice and corporate environment, she has acquired extensive management skills as Director of Administrative and Legal Services for a medium-sized company.
With her experience as a corporate manager, Malia skillfully balances business objectives with her clients' legal framework. Her excellent communication, drafting and analytical skills, as well as her creative character, allow her to propose innovative solutions to the most complex cases.
Prior to becoming a lawyer-entrepreneur, Malia was the Director of Administrative and Legal Services at Delegatus. In this role, she was responsible for the overall management of the firm's legal and ethical compliance, including the drafting and review of confidentiality agreements, service agreements, internal policies and procedures, as well as a multitude of contracts from service providers.
Malia practiced as a lawyer at Sarrazin Plourde, where she was involved in various civil and commercial litigation files as well as in disciplinary law. She then joined the team at Anderson Sinclair where she was responsible for the "Unsecured" department, handling cases in unsecured legal collection.
- Canadian Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section: Former Executive Member.
- Pro Bono Québec: Research project for CODVA (Comité des Orphelins Duplessis Victimes d'Abus) on the confidentiality of adoption files in Quebec.
- Participation in the annual fashion show of the Faculty of Law, Université de Montréal.
- Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot, Vienna, Austria: Moot court competition involving the drafting of a statement of claim and a statement of defence in international commercial law and presentation of the pleadings.
- Shamal McGill, the Voice of North Africa: A group for discussion and cultural exchange about the North African region.
- Montreal Children's Hospital Association of McGill University, Executive Member: External affairs - Organizing fundraising events and campaigns.
Contact Malia Mediouni directly
Don’t hesitate to ask me any question.
They help me get to know you better and provide you with services that are tailored to your needs.
But first, I have a few questions for you.