Curious and dynamic, I am passionate about travel and discovering new things. The environment and nature inspire me and are particular concerns of mine.
I am known for my interpersonal skills and my ability to adapt to diverse situations. My pragmatic approach allows me to find effective, practical solutions that focus on achieving my clients’ concrete objectives. To that end, thoroughness and customer service are my leitmotifs.
- Graduate diploma in dispute prevention and resolution | 2014
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) | 2007
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) | 2006
Mtre Bergeron practices primarily in real estate law as well as in corporate and commercial law.
In the course of her practice, she has supported her clients in various real estate transactions (leases, sales and acquisitions) and has also acted in real estate brokerage matters. She has extensive expertise in public real estate law, particularly zoning, municipal taxation and expropriation issues.
In her corporate and commercial practice, she participated in the negotiation and drafting of various commercial contracts, advising her clients at every step of their transactions, as well as in their corporate and commercial operations.
Through her practice, she has also acquired solid experience in insurance and professional liability as well as in mining and railway law.
Martine worked as a lawyer-analyst for the Fonds d’assurance responsabilité professionnelle pour le courtage immobilier du Québec (the Quebec professional liability insurance fund for real estate brokering), where she conducted risk analyses and investigations and managed professional liability claim files.
Experience in private practice
Martine practiced in a large Quebec firm, Langlois lawyers, for over six years, mainly in real estate, corporate and commercial law.
- Representing clients before the relevant courts and tribunals in significant municipal assessment cases concerning single-use and special purpose immovables.
- Representing mining companies in asset acquisitions and financingRepresenting mining companies in asset acquisitions and financing.
- Providing legal advice to and representing Canadian railway transportation and logistics companies.
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases for a multinational automobile manufacturer and its Canadian dealerships.
- Representing clients in real estate brokerage professional liability lawsuits.