With 40 years of experience in business law, I have been exposed to many types of legal issues and have dealt with a wide range of clients.
Over the years, I have learned that it is of the utmost importance to understand each client’s needs. I am fulfilled when I can feel their satisfaction. That is what is most precious to me.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
LL. B., Law, Université de Montréal | 1977
Mr. Paul Marcotte is a seasoned lawyer with over 40 years of experience in business law. Since his beginning in the profession, he has taken part in a wide variety of national and international transactions.
He has an impressive and diverse track record. He evolved mainly in private practice before joining Delegatus in 2011.
At Delegatus, Paul has acted as in-house counsel for various clients:
- Gestion Univalor, a university valorization fund mandated with marketing discoveries from 11 medical and educational institutions affiliated with the Université de Montréal.
- Construction Kiewit Cie, a company that is involved with mega construction projects in Canada.
- WSP Canada Inc., a world-renowned engineering firm.
Experience in private practice
Paul has always had an active private practice. Before joining Delegatus, he was a business law partner at Fasken Martineau and Desjardins Ducharme.
- Two important calls for tenders for the Agence métropolitaine de transport.
- Agreement renewals with the different carriers for the Gare d’autocars de Montréal.
- Represented the vendors of a light fixture manufacturer in Montreal’s West Island that is active throughout North America.
- Due diligence and acquisition of two companies in the online reservation sector for restaurants in the Yellow Pages Group.
- Major call for tenders for Héma-Québec.
- Represented Groupe Santé Sedna in a series of acquisitions of long-term care centers (CHSLD) throughout Quebec.
- Participated in the implementation of a public-private partnership with the Saint-Lambert long-term care center (CHSLD) for the Agence des partenariats public-privé du Québec, now Infrastructure Québec.
Awards and distinctions
Today he benefits from recognition from his peers, as demonstrated by the following honours he has received:
- He is registered in LEXPERT 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 index as a “repeatedly recommended” lawyer in the biotechnology sector.
- Since 2008 he has been recognized in the life sciences sector by The Best Lawyers™ in Canada.
- He also received the Martindale-Hubbel “BV Distinction” rating for his work in corporate and commercial law, in technology and intellectual property, as well as in mergers and acquisitions.
Conferences and publications
- Author of a monthly legal editorial in corporate law, L’information d’affaires Rive-Sud journal, from 2011 to 2012
- Author of many conferences on the Business Corporations Act (Québec), recognized by the Barreau du Québec’s continuous education.