Practicing law is my way of accompanying you as you take on the projects that drive you.
As a lover of the outdoors and extreme sports, I have always been fired up by challenges. I like to use my analytical and listening skills to provide you with the best services possible.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- LL. B., with honours, Law, McGill University | 2005
- B.C.L., with honours, McGill University | 2005
Ms. Claivaz-Loranger has a diversified commercial law practice. She is recognized for her ability to understand the realities of her clients’ businesses, her analytical skills and the quality of service she provides to her clients. The diversity of her clients, ranging from startups to large companies in fields as varied as the media, investment, education and transportation reflects her remarkable versatility.
Stéphanie is called upon by her clients to draft, review and negotiate diverse commercial contacts, including service, sales, partnership, supply and confidentiality agreements.
She also provides advice to non-profit organizations on governance matters.
Before joining Delegatus, Stéphanie worked as a lawyer for various organizations fighting against HIV in Canada and abroad, including the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network in Toronto and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Geneva.
Private practice experience
Before deciding to focus on in-house practice, Stéphanie worked at Stikeman Elliott in mergers and acquisitions and environmental law.
- Provided ongoing strategic support to BIXI Montréal in the drafting, negotiation and review of various commercial agreements, including service, partnership and licensing agreements.
- Assisted non-profit organizations, including the Collège Durocher Saint-Lambert and Avalanche Québec on strategic issues related to their governance and by-laws.
- Carried out the sale of subsidiaries of a large media company.
- Reviewed financing agreements for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS in the context of its 10th round of international funding.
- • Co-chair of the board of Realize, a pan-Canadian organization fostering positive changes for people living with HIV and other episodic disabilities | 2016 to present
- Chair of the governance committee, Realize | 2016 to present
- Member of the board of directors, Realize | 2012 to present
- Co-development of Morocco’s first known government strategy on human rights and HIV/AIDS | 2012 to 2013
- Intervened before the Court of Appeal in a pivotal case concerning the criminalization of HIV in Quebec and participated in a subsequent intervention before the Supreme Court of Canada | 2008 to 2012.
- Participated in the defence of the authors of the book Noir Canada : Pillage, corruption et criminalité en Afrique in a defamation lawsuit | 2008 to 2012
Awards and distinctions
- Winner of the Lawyer of the Year Award, for her commitment to social justice, Jeune Barreau de Montréal | 2012
- J.W. McConnell Excellence Scholarship, McGill University