Annie J. Francoeur
I am known as much for being thorough and organized as for my direct and pragmatic approach.
Passionate about music and traveling, I laugh easily, and I attach great importance to interpersonal relationships. Having fun while working is my modus operandi
Areas of practice
- “Understanding Trade-marks – Module 2”, School of Continuing Studies of McGill University and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada | 2013
- “Copyright Master Class”, School of Continuing Studies of McGill University and the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada | 2012
- “Getting the Deal You Want: Top Ten Strategies”, Dr. Victoria Husted Medvec, Kellogg School of Management | 2012
- LL.B., Common Law, Queen’s University | 1998
- LL.B., Civil Law, Université de Sherbrooke | 1997
Annie J. Francoeur has eight years of experience in a large law firm and more than twelve years of experience as in-house counsel, in commercial law, intellectual property, technology, and entertainment and media law. She has developed a solid expertise in these fields and in risk assessment associated with the activities of a company and its business reality, including:
- Negotiation and drafting of various agreements in intellectual property and technology, such as audio or audiovisual content use licenses with producers, publishers and collective management organizations, software use licences (incl. SAAS agreements), IT services agreements (e.g. development of applications) and trademark license agreements.
- Negotiation and drafting of various agreements of a commercial nature, such as distribution agreements, services agreements, partnership agreements and procurement agreements.
- Risk assessment regarding decisions made or contemplated by a company’s executive committee.
- Development of strategy or approach to negotiate complex agreements.
- Management of proceedings before the Copyright Board and other regulatory affairs.
- Management of litigation matters as well as trademarks and patents portfolios.
Before she joined Delegatus, Annie was Vice-President, Legal and Business Affairs of Stingray Group Inc. from 2016 to 2020 after acting as Director/Sr. Director from 2008 to 2016. Founded in 2007 and a public traded company since 2015, Stingray Group Inc. is an international company specialized in the development of applications and the distribution of music services.
Before pursuing a career as in-house counsel, Annie practiced as a litigator at Lafleur Brown, now Gowlings, from 1999 to 2008.
- Member of the Association des juristes pour l’avancement de la vie artistique (AJAVA)
- Speaker at the forum "Droit d’auteur à l’ère numérique" organized by the Ministère de la culture et des communications of the Government of Québec | 2016
- Co-Speaker of the conference entitled "La distribution numérique de la musique : défis, embûches et réussite…" presented at the annual symposium of AJAVA | 2012
- Co-writer of the conference entitled "Dommages punitifs, l’affaire Whiten c. Pilot, trois ans plus tard" | 2005
- Named in the Entertainment law category, The Best Lawyers™ in Canada Directory | 2022
Contact Annie J. Francoeur directly
Don’t hesitate to ask me any question.
They help me get to know you better and provide you with services that are tailored to your needs.
But first, I have a few questions for you.