My free time is shared between peaceful moments spent with family in nature and the bustle of the city, where I especially enjoy discovering restaurants from various cultures with friends.
The values of the Collective and the freedom to model my practice according to my aspirations convinced me to join Delegatus. With my notarial touch, I offer my colleagues and our clients innovative, distinct and complementary legal services.
- Diploma in notarial law, University of Sherbrooke | 1997
- LL.B., University of Sherbrooke | 1996
Ms. Ares has nearly 25 years of experience in commercial real estate, as well as energy, financing, lobbying, mining and telecommunications law.
As a notary, she advises clients in the drafting and negotiation of various real estate and property law transactions as well as financing documents. She also performs title examinations and off-title searches in the context of various high-profile mandates, namely, whether for institutional clients, developers or other law firms. Marjolaine both advises enterprises and organizations on transparency and ethics issues related to lobbying and assists them with the required registrations in the registry of lobbyists. In addition, she provides legalization services of various documents to ensure their validity and compliance in several foreign countries.
Marjolaine's vast experience has made her a recognized professional in various specialized fields such as the publication of real estate and mining rights, railways, fibre optics and development of wind power projects, expropriation, agricultural zoning, transfers concerning public institutions and the drafting of private bills.
Marjolaine is known for her professionalism, organizational skills and intellectual rigor. Her practical business sense leads her to propose adapted solutions to the various issues her clients face. Moreover, given her communication and interpersonal abilities, she is an asset to any team as well as a trusted adviser to her clients.
Experience in private practice
Marjolaine has practiced for nearly 15 years within national and international law firms. She began her career as a notary in real estate law at Leroux Côté Burrogano, then joined Heenan Blaikie and, following its dissolution, Dentons. She was also a partner at Fasken and Lavery. Prior to joining Delegatus, she practiced as a notary counsel at Sylvestre Avocats Notaires Inc.
Conferences and publications
- Co-author, “New limits imposed on foreign investors wishing to acquire agricultural land in Quebec”, Dentons Real Estate Bulletin | 2014
- Co-author, “Acquisition of a fiber optic network – warning: additional verifications may be required”, L’informateur Immobilier commercial | 2013
- Co-author, “Publicity of rights”, JurisClasseur Québec, Collection Thema | 2013
- Co-author, “La publication des droits”, JurisClasseur Québec, Civil Law Collection – Property and publicity of rights | 2010