I use my understanding of the business world to assist my clients to the best of my abilities. My priority as an advisor is to listen and provide services with empathy and professionalism.
Areas of practice
- Diploma in notarial law, University of Sherbrooke | 1997
- LL.B., University of Sherbrooke | 1996
Ms. Ares has nearly 25 years of experience in commercial real estate, as well as energy, financing, lobbying, mining and telecommunications law.
As a notary, she advises clients in the drafting and negotiation of various real estate and property law transactions as well as financing documents. She also performs title examinations and off-title searches in the context of various high-profile mandates, namely, whether for institutional clients, developers or other law firms. Marjolaine both advises enterprises and organizations on transparency and ethics issues related to lobbying and assists them with the required registrations in the registry of lobbyists. In addition, she provides legalization services of various documents to ensure their validity and compliance in several foreign countries.
Marjolaine's vast experience has made her a recognized professional in various specialized fields such as the publication of real estate and mining rights, railways, fibre optics and development of wind power projects, expropriation, agricultural zoning, transfers concerning public institutions and the drafting of private bills.
Marjolaine is known for her professionalism, organizational skills and intellectual rigor. Her practical business sense leads her to propose adapted solutions to the various issues her clients face. Moreover, given her communication and interpersonal abilities, she is an asset to any team as well as a trusted adviser to her clients.
Marjolaine has practiced for nearly 15 years within national and international law firms. She began her career as a notary in real estate law at Leroux Côté Burrogano, then joined Heenan Blaikie and, following its dissolution, Dentons. She was also a partner at Fasken and Lavery. Prior to joining Delegatus, she practiced as a notary counsel at Sylvestre Avocats Notaires Inc.
- REM: Acting as external legal counsel for the development of the Réseau express métropolitain (REM), one of the largest automated transportation networks in the world with no less than 67 km and 26 stations.
- Mining Law: In mining rights transactions, collaborate with various law firms by conducting due diligence on mining claims and leases, mining concessions and surface mineral substances in the register of real and immovable mining rights and the land register of Quebec.
- Optical fibre, RISQ: Prepare rights and agreements relating to fibre optic networks belonging to various partners, including without limitation the Réseau d’information scientifique du Québec (RISQ), Telus and school boards.
- Wind turbine: Along with a partner from an international law firm, advising a promoter on the construction and financing of an 18.8 MW wind farm in Saint-Cyprien, Quebec.
- Lobbying: Make various opinions regarding, among other things, the need to register mandates in the Quebec registry of lobbyists and assist clients in preparing and publishing such mandates. Provide training to various clients and lawyers aimed at popularizing the application of the Lobbying Transparency and Ethics Act and facilitating the identification of situations requiring registration in the lobbyists registry.
- Co-author, “New limits imposed on foreign investors wishing to acquire agricultural land in Quebec”, Dentons Real Estate Bulletin | 2014
- Co-author, “Acquisition of a fiber optic network – warning: additional verifications may be required”, L’informateur Immobilier commercial | 2013
- Co-author, “Publicity of rights”, JurisClasseur Québec, Collection Thema | 2013
- Co-author, “La publication des droits”, JurisClasseur Québec, Civil Law Collection – Property and publicity of rights | 2010
Contact Marjolaine Arès directly
Don’t hesitate to ask me any question.
They help me get to know you better and provide you with services that are tailored to your needs.
But first, I have a few questions for you.