Listening to my clients is my number one priority as it helps me understand their needs and find practical solutions tailored to them. I am known for my methodical approach and my ability to identify and manage priorities.
In addition to my passion for law, I enjoy many outdoor activities, and nothing suits me better than an evening surrounded by my family and good books to recharge my batteries.
French, English and Romanian
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- Juris Doctor, University of Montreal | 2015
- LL.B., University of Montreal | 2005
Practicing in commercial real estate law, Mtre Adina Comanita is a lawyer with more than 15 years of experience in drafting and negotiating commercial leases for all types of commercial properties, representing landlords and tenants.
Adina has extensive knowledge of all matters related to the management and operation of commercial properties and real estate brokerage. She has worked closely with the property management, leasing, accounting and marketing teams of several landlords, tenants, property managers and real estate brokerage firms. She also has extensive experience in due diligence, drafting and negotiating commercial real estate purchase and sale offers, property management contracts and real estate brokerage contracts.
Prior to joining Delegatus, Adina was Director of legal services for 14 years at Landmark Properties Inc, Colliers International and then at Landmark Advisory Services Inc. In her position, she managed the legal department while also responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial leases in Canada.
Adina has also served as counsel to other real estate owners and developers, where she was responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial leases, purchase and sale agreements, and other real estate agreements.
Experience in private practice
At the start of her career, Adina was a student and intern at Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP.
Awards and distinctions
- Rising Star Award - Canadian Real Estate Women (CREW) | 2013
- YBM Lawyer of the Year 2010, Litigation Section / State Lawyer, YBM Leaders of Tomorrow Gala | 2010
- Lawyer of the Week, December 2010 Edition, The Gazette | 2010
Conferences and publications
- Speaker for an advanced commercial leasing course, "Be Better Prepared for Litigation Between Tenants and Landlords: Information and Documentation Management", The Canadian Institute | 2013
- Speaker, "Property Management Contracts", The Canadian Institute - Real Estate and Urban Development in Quebec | 2013
- Speaker, "Leasehold Improvements: Are You Well Protected?", Federated Press - Commercial Lease Negotiations | 2011