Practicing law is my way of accompanying you as you take on the projects that drive you.
As a lover of the outdoors and extreme sports, I have always been motivated by challenges. I leverage my exceptional analytical and listening skills to provide you with the best services possible.
- LL. B., with honours, Law, McGill University | 2005
- B.C.L., with honours, McGill University | 2005
Ms. Claivaz-Loranger has a diversified commercial law practice. She is recognized for her analytical skills, the quality of her customer service, and her ability to understand her clients’ business reality. The diversity of her clients—ranging from start-ups to large companies operating in various fields such as media, investment, education and transportation—reflects her remarkable versatility.
Among her services, Stephanie drafts, reviews and negotiates diverse commercial contracts, including service, sales, partnership, supply and confidentiality agreements. She also provides legal services and advice on governance matters to no-profit organizations.
Before joining Delegatus, Stéphanie had served as a lawyer for various organizations fighting against HIV in Canada and abroad, including the Canadian HIV/AIDS Legal Network in Toronto and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Geneva.
Private practice experience
Before choosing to focus on in-house practice, Stéphanie worked at Stikeman Elliott, in mergers and acquisitions, as well as in environmental law.
- Provided ongoing strategic support to BIXI Montréal, in the drafting, negotiation and review of commercial agreements, including service, partnership and licensing agreements.
- Carried out the sales subsidiaries of a large media company.
- Provided strategic advice on governance and by-laws related issues to non-profit organizations, including the College Durocher Saint-Lambert and Avalanche Québec.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing agreements for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, in the context of its 10th round of international funding.
- Co-chair of the board of Realize, a pan-Canadian organization fostering positive changes for people living with HIV and other episodic disabilities | 2016 to present
- Chair of the governance committee, Realize | 2016 to present
- Member of the board of directors, Realize | 2012 to present
- Global co-development of first known government strategy on human rights and HIV/AIDS | 2012 to 2013
- Intervened before the Court of Appeal in a pivotal case concerning the criminalization of HIV in Quebec and participated in a subsequent intervention before the Supreme Court of Canada | 2008 to 2012.
- Participated in the defence of the authors of the book Noir Canada : Pillage, corruption et criminalité en Afrique, in a defamation lawsuit | 2008 to 2012
Awards and distinctions
- Winner of the Lawyer of the Year Award, for her commitment to social justice, Jeune Barreau de Montréal | 2012
- J.W. McConnell Excellence Scholarship, McGill University