Practicing commercial and corporate law is my way of accompanying you as you take on the projects that drive you.
As a lover of the outdoors and extreme sports, I have always been fired up by challenges. I like to use my analytical and listening skills to provide you with the best services possible.
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- LL. B., with honours, Law, McGill University | 2005
- B.C.L., with honours, McGill University | 2005
Ms. Claivaz-Loranger has a diversified practice in commercial and corporate law. Her work includes the drafting, negotiation and review of diverse commercial agreements. She advises her clients with respect to mergers, acquisitions and corporate reorganizations.
Stéphanie also offers advice to non-profit organizations on governance matters.
Before joining Delegatus, Stéphanie worked as a lawyer and policy analyst for various organizations that fight HIV/AIDS in Canada and abroad. In particular, she acted as legal counsel for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria with its 10th round of global funding.
Private practice experience
Stéphanie began her career at Stikeman Elliott in commercial and corporate law, more specifically in the merger and acquisition, and environment and energy departments.
- Purchase by TreeHouse Foods Inc. of the securities E.D. Smith Income Fund’s operating entities.
- Initial public offering of the Madacy Entertainment Income Fund.
- Purchase by AXA Private Equity of a division of Atrium Innovations Inc.
- 10th round of funding for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria.
- First government strategy on human rights and HIV/AIDS in Morocco.
- Co-chair of the board of Realize, a pan-Canadian organization fostering positive changes for people living with HIV and other episodic disabilities | 2016 to present.
- Chair of the governance committee, Realize | 2016 to present.
- Member of the board of directors, Realize | 2012 to present.
- Member of the pro bono legal team representing the publisher and authors of the book Noir Canada: Pillage, corruption et criminalité en Afrique in a defamation lawsuit | 2008 - 2012
Awards and distinctions
- Winner of the Lawyer of the Year Award, for her commitment to social justice, Jeune Barreau de Montréal | 2012
- J.W. McConnell Excellence Scholarship, McGill University