Equipped with an infinite reserve of energy, making a difference is what drives me in life. For my clients, my colleagues and my family. Being a reliable and trustworthy legal and business advisor.
Knowing that where I will lend a hand, I will be able to provide effective support, find practical solutions to complex problems and participate, with the teams in place, in the success of the companies that will use my services, is for me a great source of motivation.
In my life, my great passions are my family, my farmhouse, physical activity and enjoying the great outdoors.
- Accredited mediator in civil, commercial and labour law | 2020
- LL.B., Université Laval | 1990
- Member of the Canadian Armed Forces (Naval Reserve) | 1984 to 1991
Caroline Bilodeau is a legal counsel with more than 30 years of experience, having acquired a global vision of legal affairs and the functioning of large companies and start-ups facing major challenges.
Caroline demonstrates effective leadership, good team spirit, strong legal and business acumen with the ability to develop effective strategies oriented towards practical solutions. She has a great ability to manage change, multiple files and complex projects in a pragmatic way. Tenacious and autonomous, she is a loyal, dedicated and careful team member.
In recent years, she has worked as Legal Director for Newmont Corporation, where she was responsible for overseeing the legal affairs for Quebec, mainly for the Éléonore mine located in James Bay. She also held the position of Vice President of Legal Affairs for another mining company, Canadian Royalties, where she had the opportunity to create and implement the legal department. She was responsible for managing the overall legal affairs and was an integral part of the company's senior management and executive committee. In addition, Caroline worked in commercial law for a multinational systems integration company in England, in the commercial and financial fields for the Montreal Exchange, and in private practice for a consulting actuarial firm.
- Structuring, organization, negotiation and closing of a major loan transaction from the Government of Quebec.
- Managing a major financial crisis affecting the company, in close collaboration with the Executive Committee, leading to a positive and extraordinary resolution of the situation that allowed the mine to continue its operations and ore production.
- Development, negotiation and closing of long-term off-take (copper-nickel) agreements, as well as inventory financing agreements, thus ensuring the survival and sustainability of the company’s operations.
- Development, in close collaboration with the team, of a deep-water port concept, followed by the negotiation and drafting of all required contracts leading to the construction and the official opening of the port.
- Active participation in the creation of a partnership to create the new green stock exchange, the Montreal Climate Exchange.
- Participation in the complete re-drafting of the operating rules of a clearing house, thus ensuring an effective legal and operational framework.
- In multi-disciplinary teams of engineers and project managers, drafted and negotiated major contracts with other companies in England, the United States, France and Germany, enabling the company to deliver a turnkey system for managing the British postal system on time and within budget.