What drives me most as a commercial generalist lawyer is the challenge of quickly grasping all aspects of a new case and the context surrounding it in order to offer the most enlightening advice. Knowing that I am the trusted partner to turn to when reviewing an important contract or managing a delicate labour relations situation is my greatest motivation.
Passionate about the outdoors and the countryside, I define myself as a project woman. Proud mother of two boys and a girl, my husband and I cultivate a parcel of organic land located in the Montérégie region. Above all, I love entertaining people, touring the gardens with them and watching our children run around, having fun and discovering!
- Management Coaching, Quinte Dimension | 2019
- Leadership Training Program, SWA Consultants | 2019
- LL.B., Université de Montréal | 2006
Cynthia Dufour focuses her practice on commercial and employment law. As Director of Legal Affairs and Human Resources, she has been involved in the day-to-day management of the commercial and corporate affairs of companies operating nationally and internationally in the entertainment and media industries. She has supported the teams of these organizations in times of major transformations, on both the business and human levels. She also has been actively involved in major transactions for these companies. In addition, she has solid experience in drafting and reviewing contracts in various sectors of law as well as in managing trademark and copyright portfolios.
Pairing her passion for the law with her interest in human resources, Cynthia has developed a particular expertise in dealing with both the legal and operational aspects of human resources management. She can assist companies in:
- the elaboration and implementation of programs, policies and procedures
- international labour mobility
- labour relations in unionized and non-unionized work environments
- change management
- organizational development
Cynthia led the legal and human resources teams at Groupe V Média, a media company that owns the television station V, which became Noovo when it was acquired by Bell Media in 2020. She played a leading role as a member of the company's executive committee and contributed to the redefinition of the role and responsibilities of the legal and human resources departments, the review of business processes and the creation of models and standardization of contractual practices.
Previously, she oversaw legal affairs and labour relations at Cavalia, a Quebec-based company operating internationally in the entertainment industry. In this position, she developed a strong capacity to adapt and solid experience in risk analysis and the management of priority issues. She was responsible for drafting and reviewing various commercial contracts, managing all corporate entities, the group's intellectual property rights portfolio, managing commercial insurance, labour relations and issues related to the international mobility of employees.
Experience in private practice
Cynthia began her career with a national law firm, Miller Thomson. She initially worked there during the summer, then completed her articling period before being welcomed as an associate in the corporate and business law team.
Immediately prior to joining Delegatus, she transitioned to freelance practice, allowing her to apply her years of experience and practical business acumen in a variety of contexts.
- Member of the executive committee of a media company
- Partner of the management team in a change of control transaction
- Development of a training strategy for managers
- Review of the performance management policy, process and tools, and development of an incentive compensation program for managers
- Deployment of a change management strategy for employees in the context of the implementation of critical software
- Partner of the management team of an entertainment company in an international transaction involving the sale of intellectual property assets
- Management of international transfers of intellectual property rights and international corporate secretariat
- Implementation of human resources management software allowing better coordination between the recruitment and remuneration teams
Professional affiliations and community involvement
- Administrator within a childcare centre
- Volunteer with the Coopérative pour une agriculture de proximité écologique