LL. L., Civil Law, University of Ottawa | 1987
Ms. Béliveau specializes in all aspects of commercial real estate law through leading expertise related to location, layout and real estate development for office buildings, commercial centres and industrial buildings.
As an external and in-house legal advisor, Josée has worked for years with leading teams specialized in real estate management and in asset management, including financial institutions, developers and property managers throughout Canada.
She also helps businesses with the due diligence preceding the acquisition or sale of commercial properties.
- Preparation and negotiation of lease agreements and purchase offers.
- Analysis of lease agreements.
- Preparation of estoppel certificates, lease summaries and management contracts.
She helps her clients resolve disputes between property owners and tenants.
- Interpretation of the terms of lease agreements.
- Claims related to restoring the premises at the term of a lease agreement.
- Exercise of options to renew or right of first refusal, etc.
Josée’s vast experience, as well as her knowledge of the realities of operating a business and of risk management, allow her to provide strategic advice that has a real impact for her clients. The quality of her services is reflected in the added value she brings to the commercial transactions in which she participates.
Since her arrival at Delegatus, Josée has contributed to numerous mandates, more specifically in-house mandates, including with Mouvement Desjardins through Desjardins Real Estate Group.
Prior to that, Josée was an in-house legal advisor within very large corporations:
- The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) from 2010 to 2011
- RONA from 2004 to 2007
- Metro from 2002 to 2004
- SITQ in 2002
- Yellow Group from 1989 to 1993.
- Communauté urbaine de Montréal from 1987 to 1989.
For 7 years, from 1994 to 2001, she was also Manager, Legal affairs, Operations, for Ivanhoé Cambridge, one of the most important real estate developers specialized in shopping centres.
Experience in private practice
Before joining Delegatus, Josée worked for 2 years in private practice.
Member of the board of directors and member of the executive committee, Fondation Institut de gériatrie de Montréal
- Member of the Urban Development Institute of Quebec (UDI).
- Member of CREW M, a business relations incubator for women passionate about commercial real estate.
Awards and distinctions
Recognized in the Commercial Leasing Law category, The Best Lawyers™ in Canada | 2019 - 2022
Conferences and publications
Commercial real estate law blogger, Le Blogue, Edilex | 2011 to 2013