It’s easy for me to identify the legal risks and issues while reconciling and responding to your commercial expectations. I have a great ability to persevere in the face of adversity.
I particularly enjoy getting out of my comfort zone; it’s like second nature – pushing me to do my best and exceed my limits. As an athlete and a traveler, this second nature also dictates my choice of sporting activities and trips, as I’m constantly seeking new challenges.
- LL.B., Common Law, Dalhousie University (Halifax) | 2000
- LL.L, Civil Law, Cum Laude (excellence scholarship), University of Ottawa | 1999
Nadia Lehoux has over 15 years’ commercial experience, in particular as senior legal counsel for various companies. Her practice, which is varied and adapted to operational and business needs, includes commercial law, negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements, litigation management, intellectual property and legal support to business lines. Within her practice, Nadia is able to simultaneously bring multiple files to fruition through her involvement in strategic matters from the very beginning.
Nadia is known for her effective communication abilities, professionalism and rigour. In view of her strong human capital skills and her business and organizational sense, she seeks collaboration with others and considers teamwork essential.
Before joining the Collective, Nadia had been an outsourced contractual consultant for the Collective at Belron Canada and SODEC since 2018.
From 2004 to 2017, Nadia worked as senior legal counsel for various companies, such as Quebecor Media Inc. and the Laurentian Bank of Canada.
Experience in private practice
Nadia began her practice at Norton Rose Fulbright (then Ogilvy Renault) and Gilbert, Séguin after completing her articling period at Heenan Blaikie, where she practised commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency.
- Drafting and negotiating outsourcing and other important agreements with suppliers (transactions, services, telecommunications, information technology), participating in the tendering and bidding process.
- Drafting and negotiating supply agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating service contracts in the fields of technology, website and applications development, hosting, repairs and maintenance, as well as software licence purchase agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating sponsorship, marketing and advertising agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements and all types of confidentiality agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating numerous broadcasting licences, content distribution and e-book licences.
- Drafting and negotiating affiliation and partnership agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating franchise agreements and overseeing franchisee relations.
- Managing share purchase and asset sale projects.
- Drafting and negotiating financing agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, including the Bank Act, privacy and consumer protection laws and the Competition Act; establishing and applying internal policies (in particular through the review of websites, advertising, promotional materials, internal procedures, forms, deeds and contracts).
- Represented Fonds Capital Culture Québec in financing for films and television series.