Real estate law is a fascinating field to me, with its diverse and complex transactions. What drives me most as a consultant is to build a relationship of trust with my clients and listen to their needs. This allows me to understand their issues and thus facilitate the achievement of their objectives.
My thirst for learning manifests itself in all aspects of my life, especially in my interest in traveling and the discovery of new cultures and flavors.
Year admitted to the Bar
Barreau du Québec
Lawyer entrepreneur at Delegatus since
- Juris Doctor, North American Common Law, University of Montreal | 2017
- LL. B., University of Montreal | 2017
- Chinese Law Certificate, East China University of Political Science and Law, Shanghai, China | 2015
- Bachelor of Commerce, Major in Marketing, Concordia University | 2005
Nathalie Buissé is a real estate lawyer specializing in commercial leasing. Her practice focuses primarily on occupier services. In this capacity, she has been involved in numerous commercial leases for offices, retail spaces and industrial properties as well as sale-leasebacks, public tenders, property acquisitions, and many others.
Nathalie works closely with brokerage teams and businesses from the early stages of a real estate transaction and assists them in identifying risks and finding favourable solutions. Thanks to her expertise and communication skills, she builds trust with her clients and advises them on a wide range of real estate needs, including drafting, revising, and negotiating legal documentation.
She assists her clients in all spheres of commercial leasing transactions:
- Drafting lease summaries;
- Drafting and reviewing letters of intent, offers to lease, and commercial leases;
- Drafting and reviewing ancillary agreements (service agreements, commission agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, etc.);
- Drafting and publishing commercial lease notices.
She assists companies with the due diligence process in the acquisition or sale of commercial properties:
- Preparation of purchase offers;
- Lease analysis;
- Preparation of estoppel certificates;
- Lease summaries and risk assessment.
She also advises and assists clients in resolving disputes between landlords and tenants:
- Interpretation or enforcement of lease terms;
- Additional rent adjustment;
- Exercise of options for extension rights, rights of first refusal, termination rights, etc.
In addition to her expertise in real estate law, Nathalie has acquired more than 7 years of experience in business development, marketing, sales, account management and operations optimization, in several high-tech sectors. Her management experience makes her a highly skilled business professional, distinguished by her leadership and results-oriented approach.
Nathalie began her legal career at Devencore, first as an articling student and then as legal counsel practising real estate transactions and general commercial law. She then held the position of Director of Real Estate Transactions at CBRE, practising primarily in commercial leasing for occupiers.
Before practising law, Nathalie was an account manager at Premiere Global Services, Telus Communications and then Blue Communications. She was also a Purchasing Analyst at Pratt & Whitney Canada.