I was born passionate. I am determined to make others happy as they achieve their professional and personal goals.
I guide and advise my clients, lawyers and colleagues with authenticity, strength and conviction.
A lover of life and in life, I adore outdoor sports and weekends with family and friends.
- Business Leadership for In-House Counsel Training (Rothman University, Toronto and CBA), providing Certified In-House Counsel, Canada CIC.C | 2018
- LL.B., with Honours, Université de Montréal | 1997
Pascale Pageau is the founder, president and owner of Delegatus. Ms. Pageau has been practicing in the area of civil and commercial litigation for nearly 20 years. Her practice focuses on actions regarding damages, liability, construction, fraud, extraordinary remedies such as injunctions, seizures, shareholder disputes, litigation management and other business relationships.
She is regularly called upon to advise her clients on strategy and to represent their interests before the Québec courts. In addition, she provides opinions on the interpretation and application of various laws, including those related to access to information, and oversees the negotiation of various agreements.
She oversees a team of lawyers who specialize in complex litigation, high volume litigation, special projects such as investigations and documentary analysis, and due diligence.
Private practice mandate
Prior to founding Delegatus in 2005, she worked for seven years in the civil and commercial litigation groups of Desjardins Ducharme and BCF.
- Important energy company: action to obtain necessary injunctions for the purpose of a $1.3 billion project.
- Important European construction company: $35M construction litigation.
- Important energy company: litigation management and legal team leader with respect to more than 400 claims for damages.
- Important energy company: as a defendant of strategic cases of trade and long-term trials.
- In demand and defense, in cases of alleged fraud and collusion.
- Two separate cases of real estate fraud before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, involving unprecedented questions of law and multiple motions for seizure.
- Multiple motions to quash seizures, injunctions, including in the student strike.
- Important Real Estate tenant: complex and high-profile cases before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal.
I am dedicated to the advancement of women in the legal profession through my involvement with various associations of lawyers or networks of businesswomen.
- Vice-president, ABC-Division Québec | 2018
- Active Member of Cheffe de file – Women entrepreneurial initiative from CDPQ | 2018
- Secretary, International Women’s Forum, Montreal chapter | 2017
- Founder and member of the Les Femmes du W, Montreal women’s business group | 2013
- Member of RFAQ | 2008
- President, Young Bar of Montreal Association | 2005
- Member of many committees and councils of the Barreau de Montréal, the Barreau du Québec and the Canadian Bar Association, including the committees on women in the profession and the organizing committee of the Barreau du Québec’s annual convention | Since 2006
- Member of Groupement des chefs d’entreprise du Québec
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Honorific member of the Young Bar of Montreal
Awards and distinctions
- Named Emeritus Lawyer by Barreau du Québec | 2018
- Named in the Top 100 Leader women in Quebec: The New Power by the magazine Entreprendre | 2018
- Finalist, Business Women Award, Entrepreneur, Large Enterprise Category, Réseau des femmes d’affaires du Québec | 2017
- Ranked 17th and 18th in the PROFIT and Canadian Business W100 list of Canada’s Top Female Entrepreneurs | 2015 and 2016
- Named 2015 Lexpert Magazine Rising Star | 2015
- Litigation Lawyer to Watch, Lexpert, Guide to the Leading USCanada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers | 2014
- Top 100, Canada’s Most Powerful Women, Trailblazers & Trendsetters category Women’s Executive Network (WXN) | 2013
- Jury’s Choice Award as the “Influential Woman of the Future”, La Presse | 2013
- Named one of Quebec’s Top 8 Female Entrepreneurs, Première en affaires | 2013
- Woman of Distinction Award from the Women’s Y Foundation | 2013
- Créatrice d’avenir, special award for the creativity of the foundation of Delegatus, journal Les Affaires | 2012
- New Woman Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Réseau des femmes d’affaires du Québec | 2008
- Young Professional of Quebec Award, Jeune Chambre de commerce de Montréal, Arista | 2006
Conférences et publications
I love to give lectures and it was a real pleasure to do it in all the groups to which I was invited. I was even honoured to have been a guest speaker at the prestigious TEDxMontrealWomen in December 2013. The topics of my conferences generally focus on entrepreneurship, women’s leadership and the future of the legal profession.
In the media
I regularly give interviews to the media on various topics, including the future of the legal profession, societal innovations made possible by new models of law firms, our right to be happy in our career and daily lives and the importance of achieving success in both our professional and personal lives.
- Leading Corporate Counsel magazine, Canadian Corporate Counsel Association
- Le journal du Barreau
- La Presse Newspaper
- ABC National magazine, Canadian Bar Association
- Le Monde Juridique magazine
- Entreprendre magazine
- Various magazines, such as Coup de pouce, Elle Québec…
- The Argent network
- Many other media.