- B.A. in History, Yale University | 1988
- LL. L. with honours, Law, University of Ottawa | 1992
- LL.M. with high honours, Law, University of Ottawa | 1993
Keith Flavell is an experienced business lawyer who began his career in private practice, and who also has years of experience as an in-house legal counsel for Canadian companies, public and private, and with national or international operations.
Mr. Flavell has developed expertise in advising executives on a wide range of matters, having been an internal advisor and corporate secretary in two public companies. He was also responsible for respecting continuous disclosure obligations within many legal and business transactions, corporate management and compliance policies, as well as interacting with the board of directors and its committees and with subsidiaries abroad.
Keith has led numerous financing, including public offerings, private placements and bank financing in Canada and the US, as well as Canadian and international M&A transactions and joint ventures. He has also negotiated and drafted multiple forms of commercial agreements.
Since his arrival at Delegatus, Keith has been an external advisor for many clients, and has also acted as senior in-house legal advisor for several clients, such as Uniboard Canada Inc., Jubilant DraxImage and Jubilant Hollisterstier, as well as Lemay Co Inc. He is also a legal advisor to Pharmascience Inc. and Gestion de Patrimoine Blue Bridge Inc.
Prior to joining Delegatus, he was Vice President, Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary of Adaltis, an international in vitro diagnostics company.
He was also a legal advisor at Bell Canada International (BCI), ultimately serving as Director of Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary.
Experience in private practice
Keith began his career practicing business law at Heenan Blaikie.
- Advisor for Halo Pharmaceutical Canada in the sale of a majority interest of the company to an American venture capital firm.
- Advisor to the Fonds FTQ in due diligence in order to finance a Canadian public company.
- Advisor to Pharmascience Inc. in the creation and financing of a subsidiary in South Korea, in partnership with a Korean public company.
- Advisor for Uniboard in the sale of the company’s American assets, as well as financing with its parent company.
- Advisor for Adaltis and for BCI in numerous financing transactions and international mergers and acquisitions.
- Member of the Board of Directors (2018-2020) and Discipline Chair (2020-present), Squash Canada.
- Chairman, Quebec Jesters.
- Vice Chairman and Member of the Executive Committee, Canadian Jesters (an international organization for the support and development of squash and other racquet sports).
Member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Barreau du Québec